Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ravelry!

Thank goodness for Ravelry.  For those who don't know, Ravelry is an online group for fiber artists- knitters, crocheters, spinners, weavers... you get the picture.  Within Ravelry are many, many sub-groups for almost anything under the sun.  There is a group for the TKGA, and in the discussion section, I found a thread dealing with the Master Knitter process for Level 1. 

It turns out I have misread the requirements as far as needles and gauge (and God only knows what else) and I've been making this whole process much more difficult than it needed to be.  What a relief!  So, at least for now, I don't feel like I've failed the program before I even started!  I've been scoping out different yarns to use for the swatches and have it sort of narrowed down.  I'll play with them all for a bit and see what suits.

We (hubby, granddaughter and I) spent Independence Day weekend in Prescott.  It was lovely to get out of the blistering heat of Phoenix, and even lovelier to get to visit one of my favorite yarn shops ever!  A Good Yarn is a wonderful, friendly shop.  It's a place where you're welcome to bring your knitting, put your feet up and spend the day if you want.  I picked out some great sky blue Cascade 220 for my granddaughter's birthday sweater, found a magazine, and generally forgot the world for a bit. 

Now that we're home, I'll be back at it with the Master's Program, and will also finish setting up my new website.  (More on that when I'm actually up and running with it!) 

1 comment:

  1. Jan, I don't know if you know this, but there are blogging groups on Ravelry. For example, one is called Blogging and 3 parts of it may interest you. On one thread you can post the link to your blog. On a second thread, you can post the link to updates on your block for July. A third thread is a comment train; you post comments on the blog of the person ahead of you (or on more than one) then your blog is next to receive comments. Hope I'm not butting in too much. Your knitting is so far beyond mine and you might find some knowledgeable people who would love to read your posts. Feel free to delete this, I didn't see an email to use to send the info to you. Good luck with the Master's Program!

    ReplyDelete